My Country ♥️

         


           My country is Sri lanka and it is located in the Indian Ocean.Sri Lanka is a beautiful island with many natural resources .My country is also referred to as "the pearl of the Indian ocean".Even in the past,it was called by a variety of names.Some of them are Thaprobane ,Serendib, Ceylon and Sihaladeepa .Sri Lanka is a tropical zone country, Which is closer to the equator . My country is also known as an agricultural and a developing country .It has a population of more than twenty million people .Sri Jayawardanapura Kotte is the legislative capital of Sri Lanka .My country is divided into nine provinces and twenty five districts. 

  


           There are many ethnic groups living in Sri Lanka,peacefully and cooperatively. Sinhalese,Tamils,Muslims and Burghers are the main races in my country.Rice is considered as the staple food and a main crop in Sri Lanka . Garments ,tea, rubber ,coconut ,spices and gems are the leading exports of my country .                 It gained independence from the British in nineteen fourty-eight.The independence day in my country is celebrated annually on fourth of February . Sri Lanka is one of the most attractive tourists destination in the world .It consists of mountains ,waterfalls ,rivers,beaches and many more charming places .My country also has world heritage sites as well as historical and religious locations.I am so proud to be a Sri Lankan and I love my country very much. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Singer 🎤🎶

My Pet Animal

A trip I went on recently